BadJupiter provides a collection of services that enable mobile in-the-moment personalized engagement among businesses, consumers, and communities (the “Services“).
For the purposes of the GDPR, BadJupiter is considered the data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use the information that we hold. We are a Delaware corporation registered in the United States.
The GDPR applies to you if you reside in the European Economic Area (an “EEA Resident“).
Please note that by visiting or using our websites badjupiter.com, jupiter.link, jupiter.business, and related sites (collectively, the “Websites“) or the Services, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy, subject to any rights or restrictions that might apply under the GDPR if you are an EEA Resident, including the rights described in the European Privacy Rights for EEA Residents provisions below. This Policy is incorporated by reference into our Terms of Service and the other agreements that govern your use of the Websites and the Services (collectively, the “Terms“).
Contact Information. If you have questions or complaints regarding our Policy or practices, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at BadJupiter, Inc., PO Box 659 Tulsa OK 74101.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect or may collect several types of information from and about you and the other users of the Services and the Websites, including:
- Information by which your account can be uniquely identified, including but not always limited to a mobile phone number;
- Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Services;
- Information that you provide when you participate in one of our support or discussion forums or comment on our blog;
- Geo-location information you may be asked to voluntarily provide when using the Services or the Websites;
- Analytics information;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of visit;
- When you report a problem with the Services or the Websites; and/or
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Services or the Websites or Services.
- From third parties, such as our business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Data Minimization. We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your Personal Data that we process to what is reasonably necessary. To this end, any data that is collected from you through the Services by a Business User of the service we consider the property of that Business User and do not make accessible outside the scope of that Business User’s activities.
We do not Engage in Automated Decision-making without Human Intervention. We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Consequences of not providing Personal Data. You are not required to provide all Personal Data identified in this Policy to use the Services in many cases, but we will not able to provide with certain features of the Services if you do not provide certain Personal Data. In addition, if you do not provide the Personal Data, we may not be able to respond to your requests or provide you with other important information.
User Content. The Services may now or in the future permit the submission and/or posting comments and other information by you or other users, in each case whether or not made available to other users (“User Content“). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of Services or the Websites, with whom your User Content is shared. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed, downloaded or shared by unauthorized persons.
Support and Discussion Forums. If you participate in one of our support or discussion forums or comment on our blog, you should be aware that the information disclosed and shared will be broadly available to other persons, both inside of and/or outside of BadJupiter, who have access to those support or discussion forums or blog. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online by not posting any more Personal Data than you want revealed. In addition, if you post Personal Data online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Please also note that a participant’s expressed opinion is his or her own and should not be considered to reflect the opinion of BadJupiter. To request removal of your Personal Data from our blog or support and discussion forums, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data. BadJupiter does not share, rent, trade or sell your Personal Data with third parties, except as described in this Policy. If you do provide us with Personal Data, we will only use it for the purposes described where it is collected or to deliver the Services you requested, and we will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this outside of BadJupiter unless (1) you expressly authorize us to do so, (2) it is necessary to allow our trusted service providers to provide products or services for us or you, (3) it is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of BadJupiter or the merger of BadJupiter into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which BadJupiter is not the survivor. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Data or (4) otherwise as we are required or permitted by law. Also, we reserve the right to fully use and disclose any information that is not Personal Data (such as usage statistics and aggregated non-personally-identifiable data).
Updating, Correcting or Deleting Personal Data and User Content. You may correct, update, or delete your Personal Data by accessing it through the edit Profile page or by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com. You may also correct, update, or delete your User Content at any time.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data. We will only retain your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We will retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements and rights. To dispose of Personal Data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Personal Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Do Not Track Policy. Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Privacy of Minors. Our Websites and Services are not intended for minors under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Websites or the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Services or any of its features or register on the Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, mobile number or e-mail address or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Security. We restrict access to Personal Data collected about you at our Websites and Services to our employees, our affiliates’ employees, those who are otherwise specified in this Policy, or others who need to know that information to provide the Services to you or in the course of conducting our business operations or activities. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). While no website can guarantee security, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Data collected via the website. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security in connection with the Services or the Websites, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Visiting our Services from Outside of the United States. If you are visiting our Services or Websites from outside of the United States or otherwise contacting us from outside of the United States, please be aware that your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States, where many of our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to protect your privacy. By using our Services or Websites, you consent to us processing and transferring your information (a) to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy and (b) in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Our Legal Bases for Handling Your Personal Data. GDPR and the laws in some other jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal bases that they rely on to use or disclose your Personal Data. To the extent that those laws apply, we rely on the following legal grounds to process your Personal Data:
- Performance of a contract: In most cases, we collect and use your Personal Data and other information to meet our obligations under a contract to which you are a party or pursuant to which we are providing services to you or on your behalf. For example, when you use the Services or the Websites, we will use your Personal Data to respond to your requests and to provide you with these Services and/or the Websites.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your Personal Data information for our legitimate interests on the grounds that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities (but only to the extent that such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals) including:
- Analyzing and improving the Services and/or the Websites and our business.
- Providing the Services.
- Legal compliance: We may use and disclose Personal Data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations under European or Member State law or other applicable law.
- Consent: To the extent required by law, and in certain other cases, we handle Personal Data on the basis of implied or express consent.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: BadJupiter, Inc., PO Box 659 Tulsa OK 74101.
European Privacy Rights for EEA Residents. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right by contacting us directly.
If you are an EEA Resident and GDPR applies and we hold your Personal Data in our capacity as a controller, you may request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain Personal Data (including, in some cases, in portable form);
- Prevent the processing of your Personal Data for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling);
- Update Personal Data that is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete certain Personal Data which we are holding about you; provided that the Personal Data is not required by us for (i) compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or other applicable law or (ii) the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information except to the extent that processing is required (i) to comply with a legal obligation under European Member State law or applicable law or (ii) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Transfer your Personal Data to a third party to the extent that this is technically feasible; and
- Honor a revocation of your consent for the processing of your Personal Data (without retroactive effect).
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period required by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include information that we need to keep processing for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with additional information to confirm your identity before responding to your request. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to your situation, though we invite you to contact us with any concern, as we would be happy to try to resolve it directly.
If you are an EEA Resident in France, you also have the right to set guidelines for the retention and communication of your Personal Data after your death.
If you reside in a jurisdiction other than the European Economic Area, you may also have similar rights to the above. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise one of these rights, and we will comply with any request to the extent required under applicable law.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at BadJupiter, Inc., PO Box 659 Tulsa OK 74101.